Friday, March 21, 2008

The Battle Rages On...

That was funny, I was just getting started to write this when my oldest daughter comes up to me, asking to work together on getting lunch ready. Right there satan started in with his arrows “you ain’t got time for that, you got to post this blog” - Jerk - So I went into the kitchen with her and we got some lunch on!

Anyway to the post…

This has been an eventful week for me. Monday there was a leak in an office soaking some network equipment, taking two days to get it back online. Wednesday I worked with a consultant to upgrade a major application. Before that though, Tuesday as I was making sure some prerequisites where complete on one of the servers, I found Windows was all fubar’d, I had to re-build it from scratch.

A good thing in the midst of that though was God met my wife Sandy and I as we were reading through Sacred Romance together. (read all about that here.) So by Thursday, I was emotionally, mentally, and physically tiered. I was in a “fog”.

I did some talking with the Father and battling with the enemy, but the fog was still there. By late afternoon I was finally able to find the phone through the fog (mystically speaking), to call an ally. We talked and prayed, eventually discovering the key attack of the enemy. It all started to made sense! The sun came out, the Fog lifted, and the mist cleared. It was good.

You see, earlier in the week Sandy encouraged me to have some friends over since she was going to be out with the girls. I sent an invite, and all week I got “sorry can’t make it” or no response at all. The lies sneaked in unnoticed - “No one’s going to come. They don’t even read your email. Who would want to waste their time with you?” Even from work the lies were there - “If you were better at your job, non of these things would break”. Satan was working all week to soften me up and attack me at my weakest point. He knows that the Father has been healing the deepest wound of my heart this past year; Validation. I was caught off guard, satan hasn’t attacked that area in a long time…

It didn’t finally come together until later that night, when Sandy and I got back into Sacred Romance. Three paragraphs in I read…

…”In fact,” we continue, “if I am not pursued, it must be because there is something wrong with me, something dark and twisted inside.” We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.

Yes, I have had great healing in my heart, being validated as a man by the Father. But just like how fleshly wounds leave scars, scars that are sensitive to the touch. That scar was attacked this week by satan.

As I laid in bed, my Father spoke…”I know who you are, I love who you are”. Wow, Thanks Dad.