Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Hearts of my Girls (P. 2)...

It seems of late that I have been doing a lot of fighting for the hearts of the ladies in my life...

A month or more ago I was driving home from the in-laws with the girls, because Sandy was in Columbus tuning pianos. As we left, I had it in my heart to go down town and check out the pipe tobacco at the tobacco shop. When I heard Father say, plain as day, "Go to Jeff's and buy Sandy a wrap for her ring." Jeff is an old acquaintance who also is a 2nd or 3rd generation jeweler. His store is on the opposite side of the block from the tobacco shop. So I did. I found a really nice wrap that matched her marque diamond perfectly, and low and behold I got it for 50% its appraised value! My wife is still glowing from that one.

On top of that I was able to buy her a new(er) vehicle this past summer. We've really been blessed to be able to buy two fairly new vehicles this past year, paying cash for both! The Father sure knows how to give good gifts to His beloved! It's really cool how He's teaching me to do the same!

Rocco