Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Hearts of my Girls (P. 3)...

It seems of late that I have been doing a lot of fighting for the hearts of the ladies in my life...

A couple weeks ago my wife and girls stopped by a small local farm-slash-market that they frequent a lot. Low and behold the cats there had a litter of kittens. Now, we already have two cats in the house. They can be a real pain at times. Especially when they pee in my tool box!

Well, from that day on my youngest daughter insisted on visiting the kittens whenever we were in the neighborhood, matter of fact, we didn't have to be anywhere close for her to insist we go visit the kittens. No matter who she was with, Grandma, Grandpa, Oma, Opa, it was always "Let's go visit the kittens!" Of course there was the plea to bring one home every time we did visit them (which seemed like twice a day for two weeks). Anyway, I really didn't want to get another one...Then it occurred to me that this is something her heart really delights in. I have an opportunity here to fight for her heart, to be her Father. To delight in the things she delights in.




So we have a new kitten, and I kinda like the little rascal. Our other cats aren't too thrilled. :o)

Rocco

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My lover, thank you for being such a wonderful father to our children, for putting their desires above your own, and for laying our family at our Heavenly Father's feet and trusting Him to meet us right where we are - even when it comes to kittens! You rock my world.
Love,
Wifey

Post a Comment