Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Hearts of my Girls (P. 1)...

It seems of late that I have been doing a lot of fighting for the hearts of the ladies in my life...

My eldest daughter is quite the nature nut. She loves everything outdoors. This past summer she had a couple caterpillars she caught and was taking care of them until they became butterfly's. Note: they don't need much care other then some leaves in the jar. I am not sure what happened to all of them, but one I am confident of.

I was coming home from somewhere one afternoon, and my daughter was with me, as we came to the back door she stopped to check on the one cocoon that was left, of all her caterpillars. She stopped right in front of the door, I was instantly tweaked as she postponed my entering the house, as if there was something I was missing out on, maybe if it was raining, maybe if I had diarrhea, but it wasn't, and I didn't. She burst out in delight as she opened the top of the big plastic jar she kept the caterpillar/cocoon in. The very soon to be butterfly was just then breaking out of its cocoon!

I nearly blew it big time!! In my tweakness of being delayed in getting in the house, I was like "Ok, whatever, get out of the way." Then, Boom! A spiritual door just slammed in my face and Father said - "Rocco, you idiot! Don't blow this! This is an opportunity to Fight for your daughters heart! To be a father to her."

I stopped turned to my daughter and took delight in her delight. We watched this butterfly emerge from its cocoon right into her hands!! It was a Monarch! She held it from her fingers as it flexed its wings to dry them, until she finally transferred it to a bush. Then we watched it continue to dry its wings until it flew away.



I think I cried a gallon of grateful tears that night, thankful that Father showed up in time to father me, so I could be a Father to my daughter.

Rocco